Coaching - For Business Sports!
Coaching - For Elite Sportsmen & Women!
Presentation to the Rotary Club of Highton on the principles of Coaching for Business Owners.
We are not surprised that top sportsmen and women have coaches to ensure that they remain at the peak of their sport. They are committed to achieving and extending their PEAK performance to empower them to compete and WIN!
Tiger Woods - arguably one of the most well known golfers in the world today has a number of coaches. Tiger knows that:
- We cannot see our own mistakes
- If we are not getting better we are getting worse
- Improvement is continual and consistent
- It takes more each day to be a world class professional - in any field
Tiger Woods' commitment is such that he is always trying to improve; always asking what I need to do today to be better than I was yesterday. What do I need to do tomorrow to be better than I am today?
The Sport of Business!
In business we COMPETE against other businesses and we SUCCEED by WINNING the CONTEST between them and us. Business today is without a doubt a contact sport with winners and losers.
Business owners who are motivated to WIN at this competitive sport ensure that they are EMPOWERED with the tools, resources and support network to ensure that they are the WINNERS in the race against the competition.
The Business Coach is a key element that can EMPOWER the business owner to be the WINNER in this race.
Role of the Business Coach
The Coach acts in partnership with the client to empower the client to enable the business to achieve growth and profitability that far exceeds the client's expectations.
Partnership- the relationship between the Coach and the Client is a partnership that is based on mutual respect brought about by integrity and honesty in their dealings.
Accountability Partner - the Coach acts as the accountability partner for the Client, holding them accountable to what they want; the coach creates a structure for this accountability, reinforcing this through communication, fieldwork assignments, regular meetings etc.
Commitment Focused - we don't focus on emotions that can distract and prevent the client from achieving what the want. We hold the client accountable to their commitments regardless of what emotions, circumstances show up.
Non Judgemental - the coach does not judge from a place of what is right or wrong but rather from what is working, what's not working, what is missing and what's next.
Action Orientated - it's not about having the Client feeling good about their business but influencing the client's actions to fulfil their goals - even when they don't feel like taking action.
Transparency - the coach does not bring any outside agenda that prevents the client from achieving their vision, mission and goals.
Above all the relationship that the Coach has with their Client is that of a partnership based mutual respect brought about by integrity, trust, and honesty in all their interactions.
Typically working with a Coach will achieve significant break through results that the Client may not have believed possible. As a Coach I take Clients from a belief in the ordinary to a commitment to achieving the extra-ordinary.
As a Client you can expect these results:
- Increased and improved growth, profitability and balance
- Improved productivity and performance
- Clear direction and focus on what's important to achieve your goals
- Business leverage through systems and people
- You will OWN a business NOT a job
- Build your wealth with a business asset.
As a Client you will achieve breakthrough benefits:
- Clarity - clear vision, goals, outcomes and commitments
- Actions - a commitment to achieving the action plans that produce sustainable bottom line growth and a thriving business
- Accountability - ensuring that measurable and goal breaking results are achieved
- Focus - ensuring that business strategies are on track and on target for expansion, growth and improvement
- Empowerment - change the game! The coaching process will empower you, with you coach supporting and championing your success
- Objectivity - see your business through fresh eyes with you coach providing an independent perspective of what's working and what needs to work.
Your Coach will be the catalyst that empowers YOU to enable your business to achieve growth and profitability that exceeds your expectations!